Friday, November 22, 2013

Dealing With the Loss Of A Pet

 
 

Dealing With the Loss of A Pet

 
We've all lost someone close to us, at some point in our life. Whether we were young or at our age now. Whether human or pet, death affects us all in some way.  I wanted to take the time to share with you all my story of loss. Most of you may have already read my other blog, Remembering Teresa Jones, whereas I write about the loss of my oldest sister. 
 
I had a dog name Tyson. Trust me, I've had several dogs before this one. But, I feel that Tyson was so different from the rest that because my sister, Teresa, gave him to me. He was unlike any mixed breed dog that I had every owned. He was smart. He minded and followed commands well. But most of all, Tyson was loyal to me.
 
 
Tyson didn't do anything miraculous, he was a normal dog to me. The difference that I learned at an early age that is not so hard to understand now is that, he looked for me. Everyday, he waited for me to feed and provide  for him. No matter how bad a day I had, he was there for me. How loyal is that? 
 
I lost Tyson in 2008. No, he didn't die. I lost him because he ran away behind some dog in heat. I blame myself because I saw the female dog earlier that day in our yard. But, I still had to let him out to go to the bathroom. Not knowing, well not really understanding, how little a dog will mind when a female comes around them during that time.
 
I let him out that day, and even with me standing there (as I still do now while my dogs are outside) he sniffed and ran and ran. He didn't answer any of my commands to run. Tyson never looked back!  That's why I was responsible. (Just weeks before I talked to his vet about possible neutering him.)
 
Well, today I stumbled upon something. Something that the minute I heard it, I thought of Tyson. And for that reason, I wanted to share it with you.  

The dog poem that made Johnny Carson cry

At first, the poem made Johnny and the audience laugh, but it had a very different effect in the end. Describing it can’t do it justice; it’s something you have to see — and feel — for yourself, so check out the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment